Gifts That Pay You Income
Charitable Gift Annuity
A charitable gift annuity is a simple agreement between you and The International Swimming Hall of Fame. In exchange for a gift of cash or appreciated assets, you receive fixed payments for life
How It Works
- You transfer cash or securities to The International Swimming Hall of Fame. Our minimum suggested gift requirement is $100,000.
- The International Swimming Hall of Fame pays you, yourself and a spouse, or any two beneficiaries you name, fixed payments for life.
- Beneficiaries are recommended to be at least 60 years of age at the time of the gift.
- The remaining balance passes to ISHOF when the contract ends.
- There are No Fees or commissions associated with an ISHOF Charitable Gift Annuity
- Receive more income for your money because of higher rates.
- Receive dependable cash-flow for life, regardless of fluctuations in the market.
- In many cases, receive payments at a rate higher than the interest you are currently receiving on investments.
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your gift.
- A portion of your annuity payment will be tax-free for a number of years.
- A key benefit of a charitable gift annuity is the ability to fund it with a gift of appreciated securities. Your annuity payment will be based on the full fair market value of the donated shares. A portion of the capital gain is avoided and the remainder is spread over an IRS-determined term of years and reduces the amount of tax-free payment you receive.
- Contact Us. Planning your estate and legacy for future generations, including your charitable interests, takes careful evaluation. Consulting with the appropriate professionals can assist you. We are here to assist and complement your advisors.